Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Genius: The 99% of my lifetime-sweating rule

  
What's in the making of  (at least some) "geniuses," from Mozart to Tiger Woods?
How much of it is DNA?
And how much of it is unrelentingly-hard-concentrated-super-focused-slowly-built-effort?

Sure DNA plays a role (I'll never forget the way I felt when, many times, after my daily three-hours practice, this friend would stop by my place, sit on the chair, fiddle with the cello, and make it sound, nicely - without having ever studied music..), but we can help it..

"The primary trait she possesses is not some mysterious genius. It’s the ability to develop a deliberate, strenuous and boring practice routine."
See David Brooks' article here.

Some books on this (Daniel Coyle, Malcom Gladwell, Geoff Colvin):      

No comments:

Post a Comment