Thursday, April 15, 2010

I beati anni del castigo - Fleur Jaeggy

"(...) But I persevered in the pleasure of taking my sadness to the limit, the way one does with some practical joke. The pleasure of disappointment. It wasn't new to me. I had been relishing it ever since I was eight years old, a boarder in my first, religious, school. And perhaps they were the best years, I thought. Those years of discipline. There was a kind of elation, faint but constant throughout all those days of discipline, the sweet days of discipline."

[(...) Ma perseveravo nel piacere dell’andare in fondo alla tristezza, come a un dispetto. Il piacere del disappunto. Non mi era nuovo. Lo apprezzavo da quando avevo otto anni, interna nel primo collegio, religioso. E forse furono gli anni più belli, pensavo. Gli anni del castigo. Vi è come un’esaltazione, leggera ma costante, negli anni del castigo, nei beati anni del castigo.]

No comments:

Post a Comment